PHP: CookiesBy Kristoffer Bohmann
Working with Cookies in PHP scripts.
- $_COOKIE is an associative array of variables.
- $_COOKIE makes data available to all pages on the specified site or section.
- $_COOKIE is sent via HTTP Cookies.
- $_COOKIE is a superglobal and is therefore available in all scopes throughout a script (can be accessed from all functions, objects etc.).
- $_COOKIE data can be read and potentially manipulated by the user, and should not contain confidential information (passwords etc.).
- Result pages using $_COOKIE data cannot be bookmarked by the user.
- $_COOKIE data is also available in the $_REQUEST varible.