ibase_pconnect - Open a persistent connection to an InterBase database
- database - The database argument has to be a valid path to database file on the server it resides on. If the server is not local, it must be prefixed with either \'hostname:\' (TCP/IP), \'//hostname/\' (NetBEUI) or \'hostname@\' (IPX/SPX), depending on the connection protocol used.
- username - The user name. Can be set with the ibase.default_user php.inidirective.
- password - The password for username. Can be set with the ibase.default_password php.inidirective.
- charset - charset is the default character set for a database.
- buffers - buffers is the number of database buffers to allocate for the server-side cache. If 0 or omitted, server chooses its own default.
- dialect - dialect selects the default SQL dialect for any statement executed within a connection, and it defaults to the highest one supported by client libraries. Functional only with InterBase 6 and up.
- role - Functional only with InterBase 5 and up.
Opens a persistent connection to an InterBase database.
PHP 4, 5
Returns an InterBase link identifier on success, or FALSE on error.